Click the play button above to listen online
Episode #2, May 12, 2009
- Review of May 11 article from Center for Science and Public Interest: “”Heart Attack Entrées with Side Orders of Stroke”
- “New-Onset Diabetes in Older Adults Largely Attributable to Lifestyle”
- Source: http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/702086?src=cmemp
- Onset diabetes in older adults largely attributable to lifestyle
- Found on Medscape(Web MD) published in Archives of Internal Medicine
- Prospective cohort study over 10 years / 4883 men and women 65 years of age and older
- 80% of new cases of diabetes in this group attributable to 4 lifestyle factors
- Why Asking “How Much Food is in Your Food?” Is A Crucial Step in Improve Heart Health.
- The last 100 years has brought rapid change to how we eat food.
- Food processing/ Modern Farming has upside
- Food processing/ Modern Farming has downside