Click the play button above to listen online
Episode #5, June 9, 2009
- “2009 Extreme Eating Awards”
- The Center for Science in the Public Interest
- From the newswire “The Age of Good Health? Healthy Lifestyles on Decline in US”
- Health Day
- University of South Carolina
“I Have High Cholesterol. How Did I Get Here”
- Before modern day farming, food processing and more sedentary lifestyles we did have to think as much about issues like eating whole foods and being physically active.
- More recently we have become seditary and eat a large portion of our diets as processed foods. It might be o.k. to rely on factory farms and food companies for our food.
All of us have some idea that my diet and lifestyle make a difference in my health, but many things get in the way of changing your reality.
- Price of process foods
- Convenience of processed foods
- sedentary job and the conveniences of modern technology
As Americans we eat too much
- Animal foods
- Fast food
- Refined sugar and flour
- Heavily processed oils