Click the play button above to listen online. Right click “download” and click “Save Target As to save to your desktop.
Last weeks challenge:
- Evaluate Where Your Health is and Where You Want it to be.
- Count the cost- What will it take to make a positive change?
Nearly 1/3 of the calories in the US diet come from junk food, researchers find
UC Berkeley News
01 June 2004
Recent News: Bad sign for Baby Boomers: Disability on the rise for Americans in their 60’s
- Compared with those surveyed in 1988-1994, 60-somethings surveyed in 1999-2004 were:
- 70% more likely to have difficulty walking from room to room, getting in and out of bed, and/or eating and dressing.
- 70% more likely to have difficulty doing chores, preparing meals, and/or managing money
- 50% more likely to have difficulty walking a quarter mile and/or walking up 10 steps without rest
- 40% more likely to have difficulty stooping, crouching, or kneeling; lifting or carrying 10 pounds; and/or standing from an armless chair.
- The body is highly resilient
- Basic changes make a big difference
- There is a group to help support you through the process
- We are willing to put in the work to help you step by step along the way
Even if you only accomplish 80% of what we are seeking to accomplish in the next year you can
- Increase energy levels
- loose weight
- decrease risk for disease
- If we can make many of these changes permanent then we can leave a solid foundation for the next generation
Next Weeks’ Challenge:
- Joe challenges you to be aware of food additives
- See how much food you eat have additives