Click the play button above to listen online. Right click “download” and click “Save Target As to save to your desktop.
Episode #18, October 7th, 2009
Last week challenge: Smoking
Visit a website or find a good resource for quiting smoking.
Kathie and Joe go over smoking for you to refresh the last challenge:
Smoking is known to cause multiple health problems
- They also provide some supportive ideas to quit smoking for one’s benefit
- As for the challenge, Kathie and Joe was encouraging our listeners to find local support groups for smoking and nicotine addiction as well as encourage someone you know to quit and join one of these groups
See Podcast Resources below for websites links.
Did you know that average American consumes about 22 tea spoons of sugar a day, according to American Health Association?
Be very careful about consuming High Fructose Corn Syrup as it lacks nutrients
– #1 thing to remember – eat balanced meals (complete proteins, carbs, healthy fats) at regular
Next Week Challenge: Nutritional Label and Sugars
Joe encourages you to get familiar with the Nutritional label and check for sugar content
We often do not take sugars into consideration and consume those emtpy calories
- Very important to know the sugar content of what you are buying
- Learn how to calculate sugars