Click the play button above to listen online. Right click “download” and click “Save Target As to save to your desktop.
Episode #13, August 15, 2009
“Avoiding Trans Fats”
- Trans fats are often the culprits to many major health problems
- These fats are a part of heavily-processed foods and should be avoided
- Even foods labeled “low in trans fats” or state that they have “0 trans fats” can be deceiving – always read nutrition labels
Weekly Health Challenge
- Matt and Joe encourage you to participate in small weekly personal challenges to become more aware and take small steps to improve your dietary habits.
- They’ll challenge you to take one new step each week. Not just that they will take the challenge themselves each week.
- Matt and Joe will report how they did with each challenge. You can learn along with them as they experience their own successes and failures
Challenge #5: Avoid Packaged Foods with Trans Fats
- Labels can be misleading
- Trans fats are often consumed without much knowledge
- Everyday habits are built through awarenress
- You control your habits, don’t allow yourself to be put into situations that limit your healthy choices
- Often we are put into situations where healthy options aren’t always available
- It is our personal responsibility to keep ourselves in check and find new ways to bring healthy options to our lives