Click the play button above to listen online. Right click “download” and click “Save Target As to save to your desktop.
Episode #11, July 30th, 2009
“Barriers Between You and a Healthy Lifestyle”
- Many things can influence how easily you can adapt to a health lifestyle
- You should look at your whole life and balance it before you start measuring where change needs to occur
- Making lifestyle changes can be overwhelming, but it just takes some forethought and planning
Weekly Health Challenge
- Matt and Joe encourage you to participate in small weekly personal challenges to become more aware and take small steps to improve your dietary habits.
- They’ll challenge you to take one new step each week. Not just that they will take the challenge themselves each week.
- Matt and Joe will report how they did with each challenge. You can learn along with them as they experience their own successes and failures
Challenge #4: Become Aware of Barriers to Your Healthier Lifestyle
- High-impact, strenuous workouts aren’t the only type of exercise
- Everyday activities can actually be very effective
- If you are moving your extremities, your body is benefiting from it
- Most experts suggest 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day
- This exercise can be done through activities you wouldn’t expect